Through our worldwide network of selected agents and thanks to advanced capabilities in customs brokerage Columbia Transport can offer complete air, sea and combined import freight services.
Following the changes of the global economy and always sensitive to our customers’ requests, Columbia Transport has developed a strong specialization in importing any cargo into Italy and in handling any customs request.
Columbia Transport can offer:
- Direct or consolidated shipments by air and sea
- Careful selection on partners, airlines, ocean shipping lines and customs house brokers
- Agreements and service contracts with airlines and ocean carriers to guarantee space
(even in peak season), under competitive rates
- Storage, warehousing and distribution from our own warehouse or by third-party facilities
- Air and Ocean shipment management
- Complete door deliveries to the ultimate consignee
Customs Clearance Service:
We take care of the customs clearance process for import service. In addition to the entry preparation, we also provide the proper tariff classification of the items; we take care of veterinary and phytosanitary certificates, certificates of origin, Import licenses, and the VAT deposit process. We can clear the shipments not only in Milan but in the major International ports and airports of the Italian market.
We can also provide:
- Assistance during custom inspections
- Continuous updates on changes in industry and governmental regulations
- Temporary imports procedures
- Carnet ATA handling
- Assistance for fair shows in Italy
- Tracking of the shipments
- T1/T2 handling
- POD (proof of delivery) of delivered cargo